Augustus still eyeing Q-School
Daniel Augustus's bid to secure exemption to Q-School for the Web.com Tour by competing at the Florida Elite Golf Tour Championship next month is back on track.
The Bermuda professional had been doubtful after withdrawing during the second round of the Ocala Open at Candler Hills Golf Club in Ocala this month because of a back injury. However, he has made a full recovery and has started preparation for the 54-hole championship to be held at the Orange County National Golf Club in Orlando from April 1 to 3.
“I'm excited to be healthy and it's an amazing feeling to have got over this injury so quickly,” Augustus said. “I had a good doctor and did everything I was supposed to do and I'm just happy to be playing again. My practice session went really well today [yesterday].
The 31-year-old is among those in contention for free entry for the first stage of Q-School for the Web.com Tour reserved for the end of season points leader, which will be determined at the Florida Elite Golf Tour Championship.
“I really don't have any expectations at the moment,” Augustus, who is eleventh in the standings, added. “I'm glad to be fit, healthy and able to swing a club again. It's tough when you aren't able to do what you love and enjoy but being able to get back to it is a blessing.”
The championship will be held at the same layout where Augustus, a former Bermuda Open champion, captured his maiden win on the Florida Elite Golf Tour competing in a 36-hole championship last month.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service