Save the trees
September 22, 2011
I drove up Cedar Avenue the other day (both ways) to ascertain what the issue was with visibility and why the Corporation feels it is necessary to cut down the trees on one of the only streets left in Hamilton that has some greenery. Are these people blind? The trees don’t obstruct the lights at all. Maybe they are not quite so visible from the corner of Victoria Street, but certainly halfway down the road, they are as clear as day and that should give anyone enough time to slow down or stop. If you are so concerned, put a speed bump 20 or 30 yards prior to the lights (goodness knows there are enough of them in the city and people should be used to them by now) but please don’t cut down these beautiful trees.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service