Aspen appoints William Miller as group chief actuarial officer
Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited has appointed William (Bill) Miller as its new group chief actuarial officer. He will be based in the company’s Bermuda office.
Mr Miller is joining Aspen from KPMG, where he is managing director, actuarial.
Prior to joining KPMG in 2014, he spent 12 years at Chubb legacy Ace, where he was latterly chief actuary for its Risk Management and Foreign Casualty divisions.
Mr Miller’s actuarial career spans 35 years within the non-life sector and also includes roles at Travelers, NCCI, Reliance National and at Willis Towers Watson, working as a senior consultant actuary.
Aspen said Mr Miller’s arrival marks the rebuilding of its actuarial function as part of the group’s “operational, strategic and cultural transformation that continues to gather momentum”.
The appointment is effective July 1, subject to immigration approval. Mr Miller will report into executive chairman and group chief executive officer Mark Cloutier, and will be responsible for overseeing Aspen’s core actuarial services.
Mr Miller will replace current executive vice-president and group chief actuary Andrew (Andy) Kudera, who has departed Aspen to pursue other opportunities.
Mr Miller said: “It is tremendously exciting to join the Aspen team at this stage in its journey. I am looking forward to working collaboratively with my new colleagues – and harnessing our combined expertise to support the wider business.”
Mr Cloutier said: “I’m delighted to welcome Bill to Aspen. With three decades of actuarial and non-life expertise, he is the right person to support our evolving actuarial function at a time when risk management and pricing accuracy forms a key focus for Aspen to become a top quartile specialty re/insurer. I would like to thank Andy for the contribution he has made to Aspen and would like to wish him well with his new endeavours.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service