Juniors battle it out in Kappa Classic
Junior football teams from across the Island will converge on the National Sports Centre (NSC) North Field today and tomorrow to vie for honours in the 2012 Kappa Classic.
Seventy two teams will compete for the title of the best of the best in each category from Under-11 and Under-13 Girls to Under-8, Under-10, Under-12 and Under-14 boys.
Action kicks off at 9am today with semi finals and finals of the competition to kick off tomorrow at 9am.
“We are expecting a large number of fans to come out and support our young talented footballers as they showcase their skills, teamwork and sportsmanship,” said Kappa member Craig Tyrell.
“This is a free event and we encourage the public to attend.
“The children work hard all season and the Kappa Classic is a fitting end to the season.”
n Also on tap for football this weekend is the final round of the First Division season, with Flanagan’s Onions all but confirmed to join Wolves in the promotion slots for next year’s top flight.
The gap between second-placed Flanagan’s and third-placed BAA remains three points heading into the last weekend, although barring any unforeseen situations Onions should go up.
They hold the goal difference advantage, plus 53 over BAA’s plus 32.
Flannagan’s welcome Somerset Eagles to BAA Field while BAA make the trek to White Hill Field to tackle lowly Paget.
X’Roads entertain Prospect at Garrison Field, Hamilton Parish travel to Bernard Park to take on Young Men’s Social Club, and champions Wolves will lock horns with Devonshire Colts at Police Field.
All games are due to kick off at 3pm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service