World Tourism Network to feature Bermuda on Boxing Day
Bermuda’s success with tourism in 2020 in spite of the chill cast by the global Covid-19 pandemic is to be highlighted on a freshly launched network.
The island reopened to air travel in July after a few months’ lockdown and has since managed to host three international sports events as well as welcoming thousands of visitors.
The presentation on the World Tourism Network, airing on Saturday, will be led by Glenn Jones, the interim chief executive of the Bermuda Tourism Authority, with Cordell Riley of the polling company Profiles of Bermuda.
The hour-long presentation will show from 4.30pm at www.wtn.travel, where guests are welcome to register.
It will include a look at how the island aims to rebuild tourism.
WTN features small and medium-sized travel and tourism businesses, and has members from 124 countries, including former secretaries-general of the World Tourism Organisation, tourism ministers and industry representatives.
Mr Riley has worked previously with the Ministry of Tourism, and runs the Blue Flag Ambassador Programme, which trains service personnel in the history and culture of Bermuda for visitors to the island.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service