Motorcyclist crashes in front of police
A man who fell off his motorbike in front of police officers was yesterday banned from driving for 18 months.
Magistrates' Court heard that Kevin Stephens was seen by police at the roundabout at the junction of Woodlands Road and St John's Road in Pembroke.
Stephens negotiated the roundabout, but he lost control as he entered Cemetery Road and fell off the bike.
Officers went to help, but noticed that Stephens, from Pembroke, smelled of alcohol and appeared unsteady on his feet.
He was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving, but refused to take a breath test. The incident happened at about 10pm on March 8.
Magistrate Tyrone Chin also fined Stephens, who admitted the offence, $1,000.
• It is The Royal Gazette's policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service