Love is Love charity raises money for Transitional Community Services
A pre-Valentine’s Day party organised by the Love Is Love BDA group has raised $1,500 for a local charity.
The party, held at the Docksider Pub and Restaurant on Saturday, February 11, catered to the island’s gay and lesbian community. Funds raised through a raffle were donated to Transitional Community Services.
A spokesperson for the charity said: “We are grateful to have been identified as the charity of choice by Love is Love BDA.
“We extend our gratitude to the many supporters and sponsors of the raffle prizes. Through your generosity this gift was possible, and will go a long way in supporting us with continuing to provide services to at-risk young men aged between 18 and 34.
According to a spokesperson, Love Is Love BDA plans to host more events this year for the entertainment of Bermuda’s gay community, while supporting other groups such as Bermuda Pride and OutBermuda to promote inclusiveness.
Love Is Love BDA also supports marriage equality and will continue to support local charities who have a positive impact on the community, the spokesperson said.
The next event — a Mardi Gras ball — is planned for Thursday, May 25.
For more information click here. To learn more about the work of Transitional Community Services, click here.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service