Police: Ten people stopped for breaching curfew
Police officers have caught ten people in breach of the 11pm curfew since Friday - with one offender stopped twice.
A police spokesman said today that curfew checks were carried out at several locations over the weekend to enforce the measures, introduced earlier this month to slow the spread of Covid-19.
He said: “Please be aware, the curfew is in place from 11pm to 5am.
“Individuals out and about during these hours without an official exemption as outlined in the curfew regulations could find themselves summonsed to appear before the courts.”
The spokesman added: “The BPS wishes to remind that we all have a part to play in stopping the spread of the novel coronavirus, and abiding by the curfew regulations is key to helping achieve that objective.”
He said members of the public could visit https://forms.gov.bm/covid-19/curfew to apply for an exemption.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service