BDA launches climate risk finance hub on its website
The Bermuda Business Development Agency has launched a new climate risk finance hub and an environmental, social, and governance webpage detailing the island’s commitment to blending business-friendly practices with policies for a sustainable future.
The BDA said Bermuda has a 400-year history of protecting its natural environment, and through various initiatives, the jurisdiction is implementing innovative solutions to protect the island for generations to come.
David Hart, CEO of the BDA, said: “Bermuda has long been a steadfast proponent of practices that protect its people, environment and climate.
“Through its work in climate risk finance, Bermuda is positioning itself as a leader in the response to the biggest crisis of our time, climate change.”
The BDA said Bermuda is leading action to combat climate change — both on the island and in international markets — by building on its decades of experience as the world’s risk capital to also become the world’s leader in climate-risk finance.
Bermuda’s community-building social programmes and forward-looking governance also support the very people whose culture, history, and work make this island so special, the BDA said.
“The BDA is grateful to its partners whose collaboration helped create this home for Bermuda’s ESG initiatives,” Jamari Douglas, the BDA’s director of marketing, said.
“This cross-agency partnership among the Ministry of Home Affairs, Regulatory Authority, and the Bermuda Ocean Prosperity Programme is a testament to the BDA’s ability to galvanise different entities to create useful content that increases economic investment into Bermuda.
“We invite other departments or organisations that would like to be included, to contact the BDA at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service