Violating the law
March 15, 2012
On Wednesday, March 14, I was sailing in Granaway Deep from 5.45pm to 7pm when the fast ferry,
Warbaby Fox, came barrelling in from Rockaway. I watched the ferry as it approached Paradise Lakes and was shocked when it didn’t slow down properly as that area is a no wake zone. Although it did slow down a bit, it still continued to make a significant wake which is absolutely illegal for the area, and also extremely dangerous. The shocking thing is that this ferry did it not once, but twice, in a two hour period. I would like to make the plea to Marine and Ports to ask your pilots to please respect and maintain the laws of the water. It’s bad enough we have to give way to ferries, but if they continue to break the speed laws in certain areas, it makes it extremely difficult to predict their speed and therefore makes the water dangerous for everyone.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service