Enstar takes controlling interest in Enhanzed Re – The Royal Gazette | Bermuda News, Business, Sports, Events, & Community

Log In

Reset Password
BERMUDA | RSS PODCAST

Enstar takes controlling interest in Enhanzed Re

First Prev 1 2 Next Last

A wholly-owned subsidiary of Bermuda-based insurer Enstar Group Limited has completed the purchase of the entire 27.7 per cent interest in Enhanzed Reinsurance Ltd previously held by an affiliate of Hillhouse Group.

The company said the purchase price of $217.1 million is based on 90 per cent of Enhanzed Re’s total shareholders’ equity as of June 30, and is subject to adjustment to reflect the finalisation of the Enhanzed Re balance sheet as of that date.

With the completion of the purchase, Enstar’s equity interest in the Bermuda-based reinsurer has increased from 47.4 per cent to 75.1 per cent, with joint venture partner, Allianz SE, continuing to own the remaining 24.9 per cent.

Enhanzed Re, which Enstar will consolidate in its future financial statements, has approximately $4 billion of assets. The reinsurer also holds life, non-life run-off, and property and casualty reinsurance reserves of approximately $3 billion, primarily sourced from Allianz and Enstar.

Enstar and Allianz have agreed to post-closing changes in board composition and shareholder rights to reflect Enstar’s substantial majority interest, the company said.

Completion of the transaction followed receipt of regulatory approval and satisfaction of various other closing conditions.

Dominic Silvester, Enstar’s chief executive officer, said: “Enstar’s acquisition of a controlling stake in Enhanzed Re strengthens our interest in a well-capitalised entity that provides diversified reinsurance capital, a significant investment portfolio, and a robust deal pipeline through its partnership with Allianz.”

Enstar is a Nasdaq-listed, global insurance group that offers innovative capital release solutions through its network of companies in Bermuda, the United States, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Australia, and other international locations.

Dominic Silvester, CEO of Enstar Group
Enstar: controlling interest in Enhanzed Re

You must be Registered or to post comment or to vote.

Published September 03, 2021 at 7:55 am (Updated September 03, 2021 at 7:55 am)

Enstar takes controlling interest in Enhanzed Re

What you
Need to
Know
1. For a smooth experience with our commenting system we recommend that you use Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox or Chrome Browsers. Additionally please clear both your browser's cache and cookies - How do I clear my cache and cookies?
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service
7. To report breaches of the Terms of Service use the flag icon