Wolves ready for battle of champions
John Barry Nusum believes his Wolves side can test Premier League champions Dandy Town when they meet in tomorrow’s FA Cup semi-final at Bernard Park.
Wolves ran away with the First Division title this season, losing just one of their 20 league fixtures.
A member of the last Wolves team to reach the FA Cup final, Nusum said his current team have what it takes to make a real signal of intent in a showdown of champions.
“We are preparing as we normally do, nothing really changes in terms of training when it come to things like this. The main thing is to be ready on the day and to be ready for whatever the game throws at you.
“Right now we are the underdogs heading into a game against the best team in Bermuda so we have a real test in front of us, but one that we feel we can rise up to.
“You want to play the best and this could be a good time to play them.
“As for our team this year, we have been promoted and now want to apply ourselves against the bigger clubs that we will be facing next year and this is a good test for us and I want to us do well.”
Considering the talent in their ranks, such as player-coach Nusum, Troy Tucker, Hobte Burrows and skipper Jared Peniston, formerly of Town, Wolves could cause real problems for the Hornets.
Wolves know it isn’t mission impossible but coming up against a team that boasts the best offence and defence in the country they face an uphill task.
Boss Nusum doesn’t read into any of the finer details of the opposition and is insistent that the surrounding community will be proud of their efforts.
“There isn’t any reason why we shouldn’t (advance), the players are ready for it and given they are the champions and we are the champions of the First Division it sets up nicely.
“The community is coming out to our games and supporting us. I remember when we made the finals against Boulevard and the feeling around the club, that is the biggest reward and seeing both young and old coming out to support us.”
Kick-off for the match is set for 3pm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service