Drink-driver banned and fined after head-on crash
A man who collided head-on with another motorist was fined $1,000 and banned from the roads for 18 months after he admitted drinking and driving.
Magistrates’ Court heard that police were called to the scene of a two-car collision at Southside Road in St George’s.
Officers spoke to Eamonn Gibbons, 40, one of the drivers, and suspected he had been drinking.
Gibbons told police: “I had a couple of beers.”
Gibbons was arrested and taken to Southside Police Station and took a breath test.
Crown Prosecutor Tinee Tucker said on Monday that Gibbons failed, but the amount of alcohol in his blood was not disclosed in court.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo ordered Gibbons to pay the fine by February 26.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.