Covid-19: two new cases recorded
The health minister last night highlighted the need to avoid social events after two more coronavirus cases were detected.
One of the cases was a resident who returned to the island on the February 20 American Airlines flight from Miami who tested positive on their day four test.
The second was classed as an on-island transmission.
There are now 13 confirmed Covid-19 cases, with 12 being monitored by public health officials and one in hospital
Kim Wilson, the Minister of Health, said there had been “a few social gatherings” last weekend where there may have been Covid-19 exposure.
Ms Wilson added: “We continue to recommend that people do not attend large gatherings. The pandemic is not over, and we must do everything we can to stop the spread.
“I strongly recommend that all persons who attended any social gatherings this past weekend to arrange to get tested as soon as possible.”
Ms Wilson said: “The Covid-19 test is accurate for that point in time, so the sooner you get tested, the better to avoid exposing others if you are positive for the coronavirus.”
The new infections were among 443 cases that came back to health officials yesterday.
Ms Wilson added anyone who feared they may have been in contact with an infected person should call the Covid-19 hotline on 444-2489.
Anyone who needs to be tested for the virus can book an appointment online at gov.bm/coronavirus-get-tested.
Testing sites will be open from 10am to 4pm next week, but they are not accepting walk-ins.
Ms Wilson appealed to residents and visitors to download the WeHealth app – and warned that restrictions for immunised travellers have not yet been lifted.
She said: “The full Cabinet will meet on Tuesday to discuss the fine details of the requirements for immunised travellers.
“This will be announced at Tuesday’s press conference.”